The quinoa turns orange in color and has a wonderful aroma from the herbs.
An excellent protein dish with a salad, for a healthy and balanced meal
Difficulty: easy Preparation time: 10 min Cooking time: 15 min + 10 min servings: 4
- 1 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red onion, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup boiled sweet potato cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs (parsley, chives, coriander, or to taste)
- Cutting Board
- Pot + lid
- Place the quinoa in the pot with the water and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave the pot covered for another 10 minutes.
- Place the onion and sweet potato cubes in a dish. Season with oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and onions are golden.