One of the flagship dishes of Indian cuisine, very spicy chicken breast roasted in the oven for rich and spicy flavors. Wonderful to serve with whole basmati rice
Difficulty: medium Preparation time: 20 min
Soaking time: 6 hours Roasting time: 15 min
- 800 grams boneless chicken breast, chopped into 2 cm cubes
For the marinade:
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons ground or crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped dry chili, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 50 ml coconut or soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- chopped fresh coriander
- 1 package of wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for approximately two hours
- Cutting Board
- Wooden skewers – soaked in cold water for about two hours
- Prepare 3 bowls: one for olive oil, one for ginger puree and one for garlic puree.
- Dip the pieces of chicken in the three bowls in this order. Place the chicken in a large bowl. Season with pepper, cumin, ground nutmeg, paprika, chili, cardamom and salt and mix well.
- Add lemon juice, coconut or soy milk and turmeric. Mix and rest for 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to the highest heat.
- Skewer the chicken pieces on skewers.
- Lower the oven temperature to 250 degrees and roast for 15 minutes, until chicken is tender. Serve with onion rings and chopped coriander.