A complete meal to pamper yourself. The oatmeal goes wonderfully with the pears and yogurt and is a fun way to start the day
Difficulty: easy Cooking time: 20 min Servings: 4
- 4 ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons apple concentrate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, for oatmeal
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 4-5 cups water
- Apple concentrate, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup goat yogurt
- Cutting Board
- Small pan
- Serving dish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Peel the pears, and cut into quarters, remove the core and place on a small pan.
- Pour the apple concentrate and oil over the pears and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the pears soften and are slightly brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the oatmeal: put the oatmeal and water in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring every 2 minutes. Add the apple concentrate, taste and continue to add until it is sweet enough. Lower the heat and continue stirring every 2 minutes until the oatmeal is soft and melted.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving dish. Pour into individual bowls desired amount of the oatmeal, place 4 slices of pears on top, pour 4 tablespoons of yogurt and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Serve immediately.